- 1 cup caster sugar
- 250g strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 750ml bottle rosé wine
- 1/3 cup strawberry liqueur
- 1 cup chilled soda water
- Extra halved strawberries, to serve
- Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place strawberries in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding 1 tablespoon water to blender if needed. Strain mixture over a large jug. Stir in sugar syrup and wine. Pour mixture into a 2-litre (8-cup-capacity) metal container. Freeze overnight (see notes).
- Remove container from freezer. Using a fork, flake mixture to form large ice crystals.
- Combine liqueur and soda water in a jug. Divide mixture evenly among serving glasses. Top with frosé and extra strawberries. Serve immediately.